Oderings Job Application
Christchurch - Retail
Type: Part Time / Fixed Term
About us With a history spanning almost 94 years and seven store locations nationwide, Oderings is a 100% New Zealand privately owned family business of six generations, that employs over 150 team members. Our retail stores provide great quality plants and products and we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver knowledgeable, friendly and helpful advice.
Oderings are looking for team members who understand that everyone matters, that can represent our family brand well and can live and grow together with us, adding value to our customer’s experience.
Oderings are currently recruiting to fill a range of Fixed Term positions to assist us through our busy Spring period. These vacancies are available across all of our Christchurch store locations and will be mostly Part time for a Fixed Term period from early September until approx. end of November. Every applicant will need to commit to at least one weekend day per week.
What we are looking for:
- A Customer Service Superstar
- A passion for plants and gardening (knowledge preferred, but not essential)
- Available to work at least one weekend day per week
- Someone who thrives in a busy, fast paced environment
- Someone who loves working as part of a team
- Someone who is hardworking, energetic, enthusiastic and can follow instructions
- A positive, friendly and can-do attitude
Benefits to you:
- Working with a supportive and knowledgeable team
- Being able to enjoy varied work in an outdoor environment.
- Family feel business
- Employee discount
- Assistance to grow and learn new skills
Please provide a CV and Cover Letter. Your cover letter MUST include the following:
- Why you are a good fit for this position advertised
- What experience you have in the horticulture and/or retail industry
- What days and times you are available to work
- Approximate number of hours per week you are looking for
- Your preferred store location (if available)
- All candidates for Retail need to successfully complete a Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and an ACC pre-employment check.
- Applicants for these positions must be a NZ Permanent Resident or hold a valid NZ work visa.
- Due to the anticipated large volume of applicants, only those who we wish to interview will be contacted and please note this current add runs for one month. Interviews will be held in mid-August.