Oderings Job Application
Christchurch Wholesale - Nursery Assistants
Type: Full time / Contract / Temp
With a history spanning 90+ years and eight store locations nationwide, Oderings is a 100% New Zealand privately owned family business of six generations that employs over 150 staff nationwide. Our purpose in the wholesale team is to grow great quality plants. Oderings aspires to be a great place to work because everyone matters, and our staff are an extension of our family.
We have multiple opportunities available currently to work in our Wholesale department at our Barrington branch. These positions are fixed term from now, until end of November, with possible opportunities for the right people to be offered on going employment going forward after November 2022.
Previous nursery experience is not necessary as full training will be given and would be ideal for anyone keen on a horticultural career. We encourage budding experts to be able to learn, apply and share within our company.
This is a varied position and will involve medium to heavy lifting, some greenhouse work, loads of outdoor work, irrigation, weeding, trimming, more weeding, staking, fertilising, sweeping, planting and dispatch.
The ideal candidate must have a good attitude and be healthy, energetic, fit, strong, and love being active and outdoors in all weather, for this very hands-on position, you will need to put your best foot forward.
- A positive attitude and the willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to work in fluctuating temperatures
- The ability to do physical work (lifting up to 10kgs) and a lot of walking
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- WTR endorsements would be a bonus
- A Full driver’s license (preferable, but not compulsory) with reliable transport and the ability to drive a manual would be even better
- NZ Agrichem certified handler or qualified person would be beneficial but not essential
Please include a current cv and a brief cover letter explaining why you want to “grow” with us. Due to the anticipated large volume of applicants, only those who we wish to interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
- All candidates need to successfully complete a Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and an ACC pre-employment check.
- Applicants for these positions must be a NZ Permanent Resident or hold a valid NZ work visa.