You will need:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp. golden syrup
- 10g (1 teaspoon) gelatin
- 4 cups Topflite Wild Bird Seed Mix
- Molds (muffin tin, cookie cutters, etc)
- Nonstick spray
- Drinking straws
- Waxed Paper
- Ribbon or twine
1. Combine the flour, water, gelatin and golden syrup
in a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
2. Add the Wild Bird Seed to the mixture; stir until well coated.
3. Spray your mold(s) with cooking spray and spoon the birdseed mixture in. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack it down and make the top smooth.
4. Poke a hole through the top of each birdseed mold using a drinking straw. Make sure it goes through completely.
5. Leave the birdseed mixture and the straws in the molds for two to three hours, then remove the straws.
6. Lay out a sheet of waxed paper. Gently remove the hardened ornaments from the molds and place them on the paper.
7. Remove the straws and attach the ribbon or twine to hang the feeder up outside and enjoy