Mr Fothergills Grow & Brew Tea Kit BergamotPurchase Online
Price per item: $12.00
Oderings Philpotts Road
116 Philpotts Road, Mairehau
92 Stourbridge Street, Spreydon
205 Cashmere Road, Hoon Hay
All online orders are for delivery throughout New Zealand only, prices may vary between the online store and physical store locations.
13 in stockQuantity: Add To Cart
or 4 payments of
Bergamot (Earl Grey Flavour)
A highly aromatic foliage and with wonderful 'tousled' flowers. Bergamot is easy to grow and may assist in attracting bees and other beneficial insects into the garden.
These Tea Mug Grow Kits allow gardeners to get back to basics and grow their own tea. Each kit contains everything needed to get growing and brewing, including seeds, a biodegradable pot, soil pellet, enamel mug, tea strainer and instructions. The perfect, sustainable gift for tea lovers and keen gardeners alike.
|How To Grow
Growing Instructions (included with kit)
- Remove all contents from the mug and in a small bowl add 1/2 cup of warm water to the soil pellet. Allow the soil pellet to soak in the water and expand. Continue to add water until the pellets are completely expanded & the soil appears fluffy.
- Once the soil has cooled down transfer most of it into the peat pot, filling the pot to approximately 1.5cm from the brim. Leave a couple of spoonfuls of soil for later use.
- Fluff the soil with a fork, then sprinkle your seeds evenly across the soil surface. Cover the seeds with a very fine layer (5mm) of your leftover soil.
- Place the peat pot on a saucer in a well-lit position but avoid direct sunlight until the seeds have germinated.
- Once seedlings appear apply a half strength fertiliser every two weeks.
- Thin out by removing smallest seedlings, leaving the strongest 1-2 plants more room to grow in the pot. The thinnings can be transplanted into the garden or other pots.
- Once the seedlings are mature (with approximately 5 leaves) transplant them into their growing spot in the garden, pot-and-all.
- Once mature, use your bergamot flowers and leaves to make earl grey flavoured tea using the included strainer and mug. Place the fresh or dried blossoms and leaves in the strainer and allow it to steep for a few minutes in boiling hot water. You can use the flowers and leaves on their own or combine with loose tea leaves. Enjoy!
- Oderings Barrington
- Oderings Cashmere
- Oderings Philpotts Road
- Oderings Yaldhurst