NoPests Codling Moth Pheromone TrapPurchase Online
Price per item:
Oderings Havelock North
57 Brookvale Road, Havelock North
11 Allen Road, RD 3
Oderings Philpotts Road
116 Philpotts Road, Mairehau
205 Cashmere Road, Hoon Hay
not currently available
or 4 payments of
A pheromone lure is placed inside the trap which attracts the insects to the trap. Once entered, they are then stuck to the powerful non-drying adhesive coating the interior of the trap.
Contains 1 Easy set delta trap, 1 hanger, 2 monitoring lures, and 2 sticky glue inserts.
The codling moth is 8mm (5/16””) long, grey, with black lines and a distinctive copper patch on the wing tips. Maggot damage in apples and pears is mainly caused by caterpillars of the codling moth. Female moths lay eggs on leaves and fruits. The eggs hatch after 10–14 days and caterpillars bore into the fruitlets carving galleries inside.
Codling moth traps are packed with a set of instructions, one green easy-set delta trap with hanger, two lures, and two sticky bases.
The Codling Moths are attracted by the manufactured pheromone lure which is placed inside the trap. Once the insects enter they are then stuck to the powerful non-drying adhesive coating the interior of the trap. The glue interior is able to be replaced once the trap is full. A non-pesticide synthetic pheromone is also used to attract male Codling Moths. This will protect 3 – 5 trees in a 15-meter radius.
Directions for Use:
- Unfold one sticky insert and place sticky side up into the trap as shown in the diagram.
- Open one foil sachet and place monitoring lure on the middle of the sticky trap. (Use tweezers to prevent contamination).
- Insert wire hanger into the trap and place at head height on the windward side of the tree or trees.
- The trap will monitor the moths for 3–5 average sized trees up to 12 meters apart.
- Inspect the trap regularly removing moths if necessary to clear the sticky area. If more than 12 moths are trapped per week, the infestation is high and it is advisable to treat with a suitable insecticide (Use any proprietary brand of garden insecticide approved for Codling moth control).
Tips and Tricks
Place your traps out in September / October before the moths start flying. The trap disrupts the mating cycle as it attracts male moths and kills them. Use your second lure to complete the season and remove your traps by March for use next season.
- Oderings Cashmere
- Oderings Havelock North
- Oderings Napier
- Oderings Philpotts Road
- Oderings Yaldhurst