We all love gardening here at Oderings but it can take a real toll on our hands. These brilliant, simple recipes, which you can make at home, will soon leave your skin feeling soft and refreshed as well as smelling like you've just stepped out of the spa.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil or olive oil
You will also need a bowl, spoon, grater and mason jars
1. Scoop the coconut oil into a microwave bowl and heat on high until it's completely melted (about 25 seconds). Allow to cool but not solidify. If using olive oil, then skip the microwave and move to step 2.
2. Put the sugar in a bowl and add the melted coconut oil/olive oil slowly, stirring as you go. Mix well to combine. Add more sugar if the mixture becomes too wet.
3. Depending on your choice of scented scrub you will now need to:
Lemon & Rosemary
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
Pull rosemary leaves from stem, chop into smaller pieces, add to the sugar mix along with the lemon zest. Stir in the lemon juice and mix well.
Lavender & Chamomile
- 2 Tbsp. dried chamomile tea leaves
- 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 Tbsp. dried lavender flowers
Add the lavender essential oil to the sugar mix. Gently fold in the tea leaves and lavender flowers.
Coffee & Vanilla
- 1/4 cup dried or fresh coffee grounds
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
Mix the coffee grounds and vanilla into the sugar mix.
Lime & Mint
- 1/2 tsp peppermint oil
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Mint leaves
Mix the lime zest and mint leaves into the sugar mix followed by the peppermint oil and stir.
4. Scoop into a small glass mason jar and cover with a tight-fitting lid.